Thursday, October 22, 2009

When Henry met Zoey



This last weekend we took our first out-of-town trip to visit James' mom and stepfather. (More about that trip in a separate post later). While we were there, we met up with one of my online Holt bulletin board friends, Kim, her husband Danny, and her adorable kids Braedan and Zoey. Sweet little Zoey joined their family last April from S. Korea, and is the same age as Henry. Kim is an adoptee from S Korea as well. They graciously invited us to their home for a homemade Korean dinner and a playdate for the kiddos. The food rocked--Henry was a big fan too! It was wonderful to get together and share info about the adoption experience with each other. I'm blessed to have them as our new friends!
One cute thing that happened as we were leaving was that we encouraged Henry to give his new friend Zoey a kiss. He leaned in to plant one on her, but she blocked him with her hands. Ah, his first kiss rejection from a girl.


This picture was nearly impossible to capture with two tired toddlers.


The babies enjoying their dinner.


I believe Braedan was being a transformer in the background.


There Henry is making that funny squishy face again.


Zoey was hamming it up for the camera!


So cute! I definitely need to remove the price tag from the bottom of his shoe, though.

Please bear with me---I am terribly behind on blogging. I have several things I want to write about, but little time to do so. A few of my upcoming posts will not necessarily be in chronological order.

I just realized that I didn't write about an important event from a couple of weeks ago! We were blessed to be invited to dinner with several more adoptive families with Korean kids who I've been chatting with on the Holt bulletin boards also. It was a wonderful experience to meet with others who have been down that same road we are on. Plus, it was super cute to see all of our adorable kids together. I was a little astonished to discover that Henry was the same size or bigger than the 2 year olds who were there!!
Here is a cute picture of some of us who were there that night:


(from the left)MaryAnn and Rai, Mary and Henry, Melissa and Briana, Marni and Zach

It is very important to me to maintain ties with other Korean adoptive families so that Henry can have friends as he gets older who share his cultural heritage and the adoption experience.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Okay, stole all your pictures and copied your post title!!! :) I had forgotten about the kiss rejection!! We had so much fun and can't wait to do it again!!